Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Black and Gray Striped Table


My friend sold me this table for a really good price, and I was super excited to fix it up.  I was also a little nervous about painting it since I've never done a kitchen table before.

BEFORE



I couldn't figure out what to do with it, so I went to Pinterest for inspiration, and found this adorable striped round table.  I just love the color of the stripes with the pop of turquoise.  She gives an awesome tutorial here on how she painted her table.



I was so excited to try it out!

The first thing I did was sand the entire surface with an electric sander. 


I then primed the entire thing with white Rustoleum primer spray paint.  Normally I use valspar primer, but since it's a table and it gets a little more wear, I thought the Rustoleum would hold up and have better coverage.  After priming I gave it a light sand again just to smooth it out a bit.



I painted the entire surface gray, and the base turquoise. After letting the paint dry for about 2 hours,  I  measured and marked every 6 inches.


I put masking tape down on my markings


I then painted 2 layers of black paint between my pieces of tape.


After taking the tape off, this is how it turned out!
I added 3 coat of polycrylic just to make sure it was well protected. ( Make sure to sand lightly between each coat)


I painted the chairs turquoise with gray seats.



This is the end result! I think I have a new obsession with stripes.  Thanks Pinterest for the great idea!

AFTER



Linking to these parties:
Southern Lovely, Vintage Gwen, DIY by Design, Somewhat Simple, The 36th Avenue, The Shabby Creek Cottage, House of the Hepworths, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, At the Picket Fence, Craftionary, Miss Mustard SeedFive Days Five WaysFinding FabulousThe Shabby NestNap Time CraftersFingerprints on the Fridge, Craft Envy, Gingerbread, Hey What's For Dinner Mom, Be Different Act Normal, Positively Splendid, Classy ClutterSerendipity and SpiceC.R.A.F.T.Kampen LaneHomemaker on a DimeBoogie Board CottageSarah Dawn DesignsBetween Naps on the Porch



12 comments:

  1. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. THIS!
    Beautiful job, I see a few features in your future!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have just fueled my stripe obsession even more! And my love of turquoise too! This looks awesome, great work!
    Stacia@- http://feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this table and chairs! It turned out so good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stripes make everything cuter! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute! Love the stripes with the bright turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stripes! Your set looks vintage and modern at the same time.... wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I really like the splashes of turquoise. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this table! Super cute makeover :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stripes and the turquoise chairs. Thanks for linking up at Friday Fun Party. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the drama of the stripes. The table works great with the chairs. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table looks fantastic! It's been catching my eye at all the link parties and I had to come comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table turned out amazing. I really really like the stripes.

    If you get a chance I would love for you to come link up at my Pin Party.

    http://sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/08/pintastic-monday-link-party-5.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...