Sunday, October 7, 2012

Turquoise Dresser Redo

I found this dresser at a garage sale for $50.  I decided to paint it using Venetian Turquoise from Glidden.  I started by sanding everything down very lightly.  I took the hardware out and spray painted it black.  I then gave the entire dresser 2 coats of paint, and then let it dry.  I then painted some Miniwax Ebony stain over the top and wiped off using a wet rag. I didn't wipe the stain from the grooves because I thought it looked better that way. After letting it all dry, I put a coat of polyurethane over the top for protection. I love this color and I think I'll use it for future projects!


 BEFORE


 AFTER



If you're new to my blog, I'd love for you to become a follower or like me on Facebook.  Thanks for stopping by!

I link to these awesome parties:
Classy Clutter, Craft Envy, The Gingerbread Blog, Funky Junk Interiors, I Heart Naptime, Hey What's for Dinner Mom?, Be Different Act Normal, Positively Splendid, CRAFT, Homemaker on a Dime, Boogie Board Cottage, Between Naps on the Porch, Skip to My Lou, Sarah Dawn Designs, A Diamond in the Stuff, DIY by Design, Southern Lovely, Vintage Gwen, Chic on a Shoestring, Finding Fabulous, Five Days Five Ways, The Shabby Nest, Craftionary, Gingerbread, Funky Junk Interiors, WT Fab

16 comments:

  1. It is GORGEOUS!!! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lorie! I'm glad you stopped by :)

      Delete
  2. Super job on this one...LOVE the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this took my breath away!! lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! You come up with such great projects, I love reading your blog. :)


    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great redo. Found you on CRAFT's link up.
    Jen @ CraftyMisAdventures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I'd love to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  6. I love the color, and I've been trying to figure out something to do with my ebony stain, now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difference a little paint can make. Beautiful job. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Southern Lovely. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-18.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the transformation of the dresser. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful transformation. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you did an awesome job!! Would love if if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely - great color!!
    Thanks for linking up to the Favorite Furniture Makeovers of 2012 party!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...