Saturday, April 6, 2013

Craft Table Redo

I got this adorable and unique craft table from my friend Jodie.  I've never seen anything quite like it, so I was really excited to fix it up!

BEFORE

 I decided to sand down the top and stain it with dark walnut Minwax stain.  After letting the stain dry overnight, I added 2 coats of Johnson's clear wax (found at Home Depot).  I just got a new jar of orange paint and I thought it would be a perfect color for a craft room.  I painted it using Cayenne Maison Blanche chalk paint and I spray painted the knobs turquoise. One of the drawers was broken beyond repair, so i decided to take use the wood from the bottom of the drawer to make a shelf for a basket.



 AFTER

I love how it folds out into a bigger table, perfect for crafting!

2 comments:

  1. It turned out awesome! I would never have thought to paint furniture orange, but it really does work here! Great job!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be so perfect in a craft room or sewing room! love the orange paint too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...