Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pink and Gray Photo Holder

So I've had these spindles lying around, trying to figure out what to do with them. I thought that maybe it would be cute to use an old frame and glue it onto a spindle for a cute picture holder.  I used an old frame with the glass still in it, a spindle, scrapbook paper, a magnetic clip, and an oval base. 


First, I got my spindle and glued it to my oval base using wood gorilla glue ( this will need to be clamped or taped together, and will need time to dry). After allowing time to dry, I painted the base, spindle, and frame pink.   I then took the glass from my frame and mod podged a piece scrapbook paper to the front of the glass.  After letting everything dry, I sanded my frame to give it a distressed look, put the glass and the cardboard backing back into the frame.  I then used gorilla glue to fasten the spindle to the back of the frame, and allowed time to dry.  Last, i used gorilla glue to attach the magnetic clip to the front of the glass.  I really love how the pink and gray look together!


I Link to:

1 comment:

  1. That is very clever! Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...